A new UpdraftPlus release is out now! This new version introduces many new features, fixes and tweaks and gives users the brand new option of being able to turn-on automatic-updates for UpdraftPlus. Once selected, the plugin will download and install every new release through WordPress as soon as it becomes available. This means that users will always have the most current UpdraftPlus automatically installed to work with the latest WordPress release, so you will never have to manually check the plugin yourself again.
Another tweak we have added which we are sure you will appreciate is the db-dummy restore option to WP-CLI. This tweak will allow users to test a database restore before going through with the real thing. This lets users evaluate if their hosting will cause any issues when trying to restore, before the actual restore is performed on the live site. This removes the risk of having a database issue and potentially being left without a website when trying to fix it.
The full changelog for this release is below; but the short version is that we recommend the update to everyone.
- FEATURE: UpdraftPlus now has an option to auto-update
- FEATURE: Azure for Government endpoint support (Premium)
- FIX: SSL verification settings were not allowing verification to be turned off for generic S3 storage
- FIX: In some situations in which a user had defined UTF8 as their character set but WordPress was using UTF8MB4, UpdraftPlus was not detecting this
- FIX: Prevent particular a SQL text pattern wrongly triggering detection of database features when it is within content
- TWEAK: Marked as supporting WordPress 5.0
- TWEAK: Automatically re-scan for presence of database backup after restoring it, to prevent confusion over its status
- TWEAK: Improve Settings tab UI on mobile
- TWEAK: Improve UpdraftClone UI
- TWEAK: Improve UpdraftClone temporary page UI
- TWEAK: Change method used to record the MySQL version to deal with how MariaDB can report when using a non-MariaDB client library (see: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/9062)
- TWEAK: Replace Base64 encoded logo by image file
- TWEAK: Hide guided tour on UpdraftClone
- TWEAK: Fixed broken automatic backup modal layout
- TWEAK: Auto rescan after restoring the remote database
- TWEAK: Explicitly set the backup history option to not autoload, as it can get non-trivial in size
- TWEAK: Improve UI of excluding things from the backup
- TWEAK: Prevent a possible PHP debug notice in methods/backup-module.php
- TWEAK: Show progress in browser view port instead of modal dialog when we delete the backup(s).
- TWEAK: Added a –db-dummy-restore option to WP-CLI which will run a dummy restore of the database (under an unused prefix) and then drop the tables after it finishes. This option can be useful for testing.
- TWEAK: Update the UpdraftClone UI when site information becomes available
- TWEAK: Curl errors when interacting with Backblaze B2 will now be passed up for easier debugging
- TWEAK: Re-factor add-on remote storage credential testing to make passing debugging information easier
- TWEAK: Implement non-default SSL options with Backblaze B2 (previously the defaults were always used)
- TWEAK: UpdraftClone: redirect to admin page after using the auto login link
- TWEAK: Improve internal more files backup location tracking
- TWEAK: Send a single request to download a backup set not for each file entity
- TWEAK: Fix a DOM element whereby multiple nonces had the same id
- TWEAK: Automatically build the more files backup location tracking on local rescan
The post UpDraftPlus 1.15.3 (free) is now released appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.
As those of you who manage multiple WordPress sites know, managing them all and dealing with each individual site’s plugins, themes, core and translations can be a time consuming and difficult task.
But now, we are thrilled to announce the launch of a service that will take all the hassle and work out of managing your sites.
It’s called Easy Updates Manager Premium – It has been specially designed and created for those that want to make quick and easy work of checking for updates and making changes across multiple websites; and we are sure you are going to love it.
With Easy Updates Manager Premium there is no need to login to each individual site and check for updates or make each individual change manually. This plugin takes care of that and does all the time consuming and difficult work for you. Simply add your site and plugin details and “set and forget” to receive automatic updates. You can also personally customise your updates on each individual aspect of WordPress core with multiple settings option; making managing your WordPress update settings quick and easy.
With all these options available for configuration, Easy Updates Manager Premium gives you complete control of how, when and what and what not to update.
We have all been in a situation where you download an update, only to instantly regret it. If you feel that an update or change caused unexpected errors or other issues, you can access the Easy Updates Manager Premium update log and check the version that caused the problem and rollback the update or change, restoring your site to an earlier version.
Easy Updates Manager Premium also allows you to have full control over safe updates, schedule updates, external logging, email notification of updates and access to premium support as well as many other features.
Premium will help you take all the work out of keeping your site’s plugins, themes, core and translations up to date. We have no doubt that once you have used our new service, you’ll appreciate just how much help it really is.
Easy Updates Manager is available for download here here.
The post Easy Updates Manager announce new Premium release appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.
We’re committed to MetaSlider remaining the most popular WordPress slider plugin so we have been hard at work for months, developing some incredible new features that we’re thrilled to finally get to share with you.
MetaSlider now has 11 stunning new professional slider themes. They are wonderful, adding and switching instant style to any slider, and we’re sure you’ll love these as much as we do.
The best part is, if you’re a MetaSlider user, you can have full access to all of these themes completely free of charge.
Furthermore, if you buy the MetaSlider Addon Pack you can create your own slider themes, so they look exactly how you want them to.
Here’s a brief outline of the new themes. Have a browse and then jump right in and start having fun playing around with different looks.
New MetaSlider themes:
Cubic: a simple, slick square design that looks good on darker images.
Outline: a clean, subtle theme that features block arrows and bold design.
Bubble: a fun, circular design to brighten up your website. This works well with dark images.
Simply Dark: a minimalistic, no-frills design that blends in well with most themes.
Jenga: a smart-looking theme with a quirky vertical focus.
Disjoint: a futuristic, linear design that goes will with a dark background.
Blend: a simple theme that neatly blends into any existing website.
Precognition: a theme with special additional functionality that uses image titles as the slide navigation.
Radix: a unique design, clean and sophisticated.
Highway: a bold and clear design that works well on darker images.
The Architekt: a minimalist theme that gives all the attention to your beautiful images.
All of these wonderful new themes are available right now as part of our MetaSlider plugin. To help you choose which theme best enhances your current web design, there’s even a preview feature, so you can test them out on the theme viewer. What’s more, it even allows advanced users to programmatically apply their own themes to slideshows.
MetaSlider is available for download here here. Sign up and download it to your WordPress website today. And let the fun begin…
Visit MetaSlider for further updates and information about MetaSlider.
The post Massive new MetaSlider update now gives users access to professional slider themes appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.
You all know by now that UpdraftPlus are committed to continually developing and improving the services and features of our plugins. Despite UpdraftClone only being released a few weeks ago, we are thrilled to announce that we have already released a new update in the form of users now being able to login via SSH in the browser.
This update means that from today, once you boot up any new clones that you have created, you will find a SSH login link in your account clone list.This new feature gives you more control over your clones and allows you to login via SSH in the browser.
We hope you enjoy this new feature. Be sure to visit UpdraftClone for further updates and information.
The post UpdraftClone update now allows users to login via SSH appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.
UpdraftPlus will soon be releasing a new and exciting development that we want to share with you.
In order to offer a better and more user-friendly service, we are launching a new Premium version of Easy Updates Manager to give a more comprehensive user experience.
Easy Updates Manager is a powerful WordPress service that is currently helping more than 200,000 users automatically keep their site up to date and bug free. The plugin allows you to fully manage updates for all your sites plugins, themes, core and translations and offers highly customizable options and endless possibilities for configuration, giving the user the option to pick and choose what to update and what not to update.
Checking for updates can be a time-consuming and complicated process, but it can become quick and easy once you have installed Easy Updates Manager as it removes the need to login to each individual site and manually check for updates.
The all new Easy Updates Manager Premium will give you even more control over your WordPress sites. Be sure to keep an eye out for further updates and information.
The post Easy Updates Manager Premium release imminent appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.