The latest updates for WP-Optimize 3.1.7 have now been released – including the preload key request feature. We have taken a lot of time and effort to launch these new improvements and hope that they further help improve users’ experience of WP-Optimize.
When aiming to improve the speed of your WordPress site using WP-Optimize, one of the new features we have released with this update is the ability to preload key requests. Preload key works by using an audit to identify which resources to preload on your WordPress site. The browser will then preload resources so they are available immediately when needed, preventing eventual waiting time later on, making your site load faster. Google’s pagespeed insights will often suggest preloading the requests to font files and other assets as a speed improvement:
With the latest WP-Optimize Premium release, you now have the ability to manually add any resource you want to be preloaded:
As can be seen in the Google PageSpeed insight test, preloading key requests can result in massive time savings when visitors are loading your site.
In order to get the URL to add to WP-Optimize, just right click on the resource and copy the URL:
Next, past the URL in the ‘New Asset’ box of the ‘Preload key requests / assets’ section of WP-Optimize and press ‘Add’.
The URL you added you will be added to your preload key requests.
The updates to WP-Optimize 3.1.7 also includes the following:
- FEATURE: Premium – Preload key requests (Preload fonts and other assets)
- FIX: Detecting Brotli compression issue
- FIX: Cache – PHP Warning in URLs to exclude from caching
- FIX: Premium – Unused images – Unused Images Tool not recognising Greek characters
- FIX: Button for disabling Gzip doesn’t showing
- TWEAK: Database optimization – Prevent fatal error due to files missing
- TWEAK: Skip minify when SCRIPT_DEBUG is set to true
- TWEAK: Fixed Font-awesome settings
- TWEAK: Add support for different spellings of “Font-awesome”
- TWEAK: Update the feature comparison table
- TWEAK: Added the option to not show the warning before deleting a table
- TWEAK: Wipe all options upon plugin de-installation
- TWEAK: Premium – Lazy-load – Lazy load support for background images
- TWEAK: Minify – Add file size in the minify cache summary
- TWEAK: Detect conflicting plugins for GZIP issue
- TWEAK: Database optimization – Include all tables if database prefix is not set on WP install
- TWEAK: Premium – Unused images – added “X of X images loaded” for unused trash images
- TWEAK: Don’t allow to remove actionscheduler_ tables
- TWEAK: Premium – Unused images – Show a progression screen when doing any action with unused images
- TWEAK: Cache – Enable cache for the old default permalink structure domain.com/index.php/a-post-name by creating a folder without the extension
- TWEAK: Show previous action as message on Trackbacks or Comments enable or disable.
- TWEAK: Prevent deprecation notice on PHP 8.0
- TWEAK: Update notices