A new UpdraftPlus release is out. This introduces no new features, but fixes a few issues or sub-optimal behaviours in the previous release (which introduced our new UpdraftClone product, in case you’ve not yet seen it). The full changelog for this release is below; but the short version is that we recommend the update to everyone.
- Fix: Asking the tour to cancel on the plugins page did not work
- Fix: an issue where some jobdata did not get set which resulted in the backup email not being sent
- Fix: a regression whereby network-activated plugins could get deactivated on multisites when restoring
- Fix: When database encryption was active, UpdraftClone would fail
- Tweak: There is now a ‘Rescan remote storage – log results to console’ link in ‘Advanced Tools’ to aid with debugging
- Tweak: Fixes Migrate / clone tab contents showing on the Advanced tools tab
- Tweak: Attempt to catch, work-around and log when the backup history cannot be saved due to too long a history relative to the MySQL server’s maximum packet size
- Tweak: Re-factor and introduce the UpdraftPlus_Storage_Methods_Interface class
- Tweak: Introduce the UPDRAFTPLUS_ENABLE_TOUR constant for power users; set it to false as part of your automated WP installation process (or manually) if you wish to disable all tour functionality.
David Anderson (lead developer)
The post UpdraftPlus 1.15.2 (free) / 2.15.2 (paid) released appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.
Metaslider’s good, but we’ve always seen its potential to give you so much more.
For the past few months, we’ve been working hard to develop a stunning new feature: professional slider themes. One click, and they will completely transform the look and feel of your images, so that they really stand out!
- Choose from the themes that best match your website design. MetaSlider will launch with around 10 new themes, but will be continuously adding more with each new release!
- Once you’ve chosen a theme, you can prereview your slideshow directly from the theme viewer.
- Advanced users can programmatically apply a theme to their slideshows.
This is an example of ‘The Architekt’, just one of the brilliant new themes that will soon be launched on Metaslider. It’s clean, modern and minimalist, a great way to show off images on your website.
We always love to hear from you; please use the comments section below to let us know what kind of style and themes you would like to see in the future.
These slider themes are scheduled for release this September. Be sure to visit UpdraftPlus and MetaSlider for further updates and information about MetaSlider.
The post MetaSlider’s bringing out new slider themes – and they’re completely free! appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.
As part of our commitment to the continual development of UpdraftCentral, we are pleased to share with you an exclusive preview of our soon to be available and brand new theme and plugin manager feature.
In an attempt to make UpdraftCentral’s backup, update and management process quicker and easier, we will soon be launching an exciting feature that allows you to install and activate a chosen plugin on all your connected sites at once.
We are sure the plugin & theme manager will boost your productivity even further so be sure to check out the new feature, which we plan to be launch very soon.
Try UpdraftCentral today free for up to 5 sites
The post Plugin & Theme Manager from UpdraftCentral appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.
UpdraftCentral, our dashboard for managing multiple WordPress sites from a single dashboard, in both self-hosted and SaaS versions, has had a new release.
This new release adds a new feature requested by users – the ability to sort the displayed order of your sites. This is done by a simple drag-and-drop.
Last time also saw the release of a very useful “mass updates” feature. This release now sees a number of fixes to various corner-cases based on feedback, making this very useful feature much more robust.
A number of other small tweaks and fixes have been applied. The update is now live on our hosted version, and for self-hosted users should be available in your WordPress dashboard “updates” page.
Not yet tried out UpdraftCentral? You can start instantly on our hosted version, here.
And in case you’ve not yet seen WP-Optimize, our newest product for easier and more secure WordPress logins: go here to see what you’re missing (but note that if you’re on iOS and your WP website is behind an extra layer of HTTP password protection or has non-default permalinks, then we don’t expect Apple to have approved the new app release that supports those cases for another 24 hours or so from when this blog is posted! For Android, that’s already live).
The full UpdraftCentral changelog since the last release is as follows:
- Fix: Adding to queue (not working) when updates failed to pull information from wordpress.org
- Fix: Fix issue whereby cancelling a filesystem credentials dialog left the UI locked until reload
- Fix: Handle apparently-but-not-really available updates (e.g. Affiliates-WP when not licensed)
- Fix: The “select all” button for mass updates
- Tweak: With mass updates, do not abort the whole queue when one fails
- Tweak: When a consumer attempts to send non-serializable data over the network, log more in the console
- Tweak: Prevent Tether message in JS console, via including it
- Tweak: More feedback in UI on backup progress
- Tweak: Prevent JS console error messages regarding to the Sanitizer
- Tweak: Not opening new window or tab when clicking links on mass updates panel
- Tweak: Adjust timeout on updates request
- Tweak: Marked as compatible with WordPress 4.8
- Tweak: Add website description to error dialog
- Tweak: Stop the TwentySeventeen theme from hiding site’s menus
- Tweak: Removed legacy CSS vendor prefixes
David Anderson, lead developer
The post UpdraftCentral 0.6.1 released appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.