We are pleased to announce an updated version of UpdraftPlus 2.15.5 that features new tweaks.
As part of the update, we aim to send clearer messages to users who have downgraded from the unlimited package to a smaller package and are receiving confusing licencing server message, despite their site not being connected for updates.
We recommend the update for all UpdraftPlus Premium users.
- TWEAK: For Premium users with grand-fathered lifetime updates (i.e. purchased before August 2013), a regression had caused support entitlement expires to no longer be notified
- TWEAK: For Premium users with who have downgraded from unlimited licenses to another package, a licence expiry message could show when in fact the real situation was that they just needed to specifically allocate a licence to the site. The relevant message has been adjusted to improve this.
- TWEAK: Track “more files” incremental backup locations
- TWEAK: Don’t show individual add-ons that have not been bought in the account add-ons page if the user has Premium.
- TWEAK: Include the raw updates check response information in the internal/advanced dump
- TWEAK: Added the UpdraftClone video
The post UpdraftPlus 2.15.5 released appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.
A new UpdraftPlus release is out now! This new version introduces many new features, fixes and tweaks and gives users the brand new option of being able to turn-on automatic-updates for UpdraftPlus. Once selected, the plugin will download and install every new release through WordPress as soon as it becomes available. This means that users will always have the most current UpdraftPlus automatically installed to work with the latest WordPress release, so you will never have to manually check the plugin yourself again.
Another tweak we have added which we are sure you will appreciate is the db-dummy restore option to WP-CLI. This tweak will allow users to test a database restore before going through with the real thing. This lets users evaluate if their hosting will cause any issues when trying to restore, before the actual restore is performed on the live site. This removes the risk of having a database issue and potentially being left without a website when trying to fix it.
The full changelog for this release is below; but the short version is that we recommend the update to everyone.
- FEATURE: UpdraftPlus now has an option to auto-update
- FEATURE: Azure for Government endpoint support (Premium)
- FIX: SSL verification settings were not allowing verification to be turned off for generic S3 storage
- FIX: In some situations in which a user had defined UTF8 as their character set but WordPress was using UTF8MB4, UpdraftPlus was not detecting this
- FIX: Prevent particular a SQL text pattern wrongly triggering detection of database features when it is within content
- TWEAK: Marked as supporting WordPress 5.0
- TWEAK: Automatically re-scan for presence of database backup after restoring it, to prevent confusion over its status
- TWEAK: Improve Settings tab UI on mobile
- TWEAK: Improve UpdraftClone UI
- TWEAK: Improve UpdraftClone temporary page UI
- TWEAK: Change method used to record the MySQL version to deal with how MariaDB can report when using a non-MariaDB client library (see: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/9062)
- TWEAK: Replace Base64 encoded logo by image file
- TWEAK: Hide guided tour on UpdraftClone
- TWEAK: Fixed broken automatic backup modal layout
- TWEAK: Auto rescan after restoring the remote database
- TWEAK: Explicitly set the backup history option to not autoload, as it can get non-trivial in size
- TWEAK: Improve UI of excluding things from the backup
- TWEAK: Prevent a possible PHP debug notice in methods/backup-module.php
- TWEAK: Show progress in browser view port instead of modal dialog when we delete the backup(s).
- TWEAK: Added a –db-dummy-restore option to WP-CLI which will run a dummy restore of the database (under an unused prefix) and then drop the tables after it finishes. This option can be useful for testing.
- TWEAK: Update the UpdraftClone UI when site information becomes available
- TWEAK: Curl errors when interacting with Backblaze B2 will now be passed up for easier debugging
- TWEAK: Re-factor add-on remote storage credential testing to make passing debugging information easier
- TWEAK: Implement non-default SSL options with Backblaze B2 (previously the defaults were always used)
- TWEAK: UpdraftClone: redirect to admin page after using the auto login link
- TWEAK: Improve internal more files backup location tracking
- TWEAK: Send a single request to download a backup set not for each file entity
- TWEAK: Fix a DOM element whereby multiple nonces had the same id
- TWEAK: Automatically build the more files backup location tracking on local rescan
The post UpDraftPlus 1.15.3 (free) is now released appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.
You all know by now that UpdraftPlus are committed to continually developing and improving the services and features of our plugins. Despite UpdraftClone only being released a few weeks ago, we are thrilled to announce that we have already released a new update in the form of users now being able to login via SSH in the browser.
This update means that from today, once you boot up any new clones that you have created, you will find a SSH login link in your account clone list.This new feature gives you more control over your clones and allows you to login via SSH in the browser.
We hope you enjoy this new feature. Be sure to visit UpdraftClone for further updates and information.
The post UpdraftClone update now allows users to login via SSH appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.
UpdraftPlus is pleased to announce the revolutionary new “temporary clone” service is now live.
The Updraft Clone service allows you to create a cloned test site directly from UpdraftPlus settings in seconds.
Want to see how your site looks with updates such as upgrades, new themes and plugins, or a new layout and content or PHP version before it goes live? With Updraft Clone it’s never been so quick to create a temporary sandbox for changes you want to try.
It really is as simple as copy and paste for your WordPress site.
Unlike our Migrator feature, there’s no need to worry about hosting or installation of WordPress or plugins – it’s a cloud hosted service. You simply select your preferred versions of WordPress we take care of the rest.
This leaves you more time to test your site and, well, whatever you like!
Once you’re done, just throw away the clone. You can always create a new clone in seconds when you need it again…
Find out more here.
PS – Best of all, we’ve included free clone credits for all Premium customers so you can try the service free of charge right now. Just update to the latest version of UpdraftPlus, go to the ‘Migration / Clone’ tab in the settings page and select the UpdraftClone option.
The post Major new UpdraftPlus version released: WP sandbox site setup now as easy as copy & paste appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.
We are pleased to launch an updated version of UpdraftPlus 1.14.13 that now features lots of new helpful features, fixes and tweaks. Just some of the new features in the new update include a redesigned Premium page, a new backup / restore tab and multisite tweaks for UpdraftCentral’s plugin and theme module handlers. We recommend this update for all.
The full change-log for this release are as follows:
- FEATURE: WP-CLI – add a ‘get_latest_full_backup’ command
- FIX: An issue when deleting multiple backups could result in a backup set not found error
- FIX: Polling during a backup when called from outside UpdraftPlus
- FIX: Plugin activation check was running at the wrong point in the restore process
- FIX: The WP-CLI “restore” command returned an unnecessary error if the incremental shim was not present
- TWEAK: Multisite tweaks for UpdraftCentral’s plugin and theme module handlers
- TWEAK: Prevent potential PHP notice on page load when no backup storage is selected
- TWEAK: Add scoping to some CSS rules that were too general
- TWEAK: A new “Backup / Restore” tab, which consists of backup status and existing backup with rid the “Current Status” tab and the “Existing Backups” tab
- TWEAK: Remove the possibility of a false-positive warning of a migration-rather-than-restoration if the WordPress home_url setting has legitimate oddities
- TWEAK: Improve UI of more database delete button (Premium)
- TWEAK: Removed Gold column and redesigned Premium page
- TWEAK: Improve UC factoring and introduce a UPDRAFTCENTRAL_COMMAND constant to allow context detection
- TWEAK: Tweaked downwards the minimum time in the future for rescheduling a resumption
- TWEAK: Deal with a possible issue in automatic collation selection in restoration when all character sets are supported and a collation is not supported
- TWEAK: Replace absolute URLs in place of relative URLs in anchor links
The post UpdraftPlus 1.14.13 Released appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.
UpdraftPlus will soon be releasing a new and exciting feature that we want to share with you.
Many of our users have been using UpdraftPlus to clone their website for years. But now we’re happy to announce a new feature called Updraft Clone that will take all of the hassle and work out of cloning your website to a sandbox.
Updraft Clone will enable you to set up a sandbox instantly and directly from UpdraftPlus so you can test out new versions of plugins, themes, PHP and WordPress before upgrading.
The feature will be launched very soon, so be sure to keep an eye out for further updates and information about Updraft Clone.
Visit UpdraftPlus today to keep up with the latest news and developments
The post UpdraftPlus confirms development of Clone feature appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.