We are pleased to announce that a new UpdraftPlus 2.16.3 (paid version) release has been made. It fixes two bugs in the existing paid releases (but not affecting the existing free release):
We recommend the update for all UpdraftPlus Premium users.
The full changelog is as follows;
- FIX: Prevent extraction failure when using PclZip (N.B. php-zip is always preferred if installed) on zero-sized files.
- FIX: Prevent the incremental backup cron from being incorrectly scheduled.
The post UpdraftPlus 2.16.3 (paid version) released appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.
We are pleased to announce an updated version of UpdraftPlus 2.16.2 (paid version) with newly added fixes and tweaks.
We recommend the update for all UpdraftPlus Premium users.
The full changelog is as follows;
- FIX: wp_doing_cron() was used when unzipping, but requires WP 4.8+ (regression in 2.16.1, which was never released on wordpress.org)
- TWEAK: Updated phpseclib to the latest version after the previous work around to fix the ‘SSH2 Server Host Key Algorithm Mismatch’ issue
- TWEAK: Check-in with the clone during the backup process to make sure it is not prematurely purged
The post UpdraftPlus 2.16.2 (paid version) released appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.
UpdraftPlus are thrilled to announce that as part of one of the biggest and most important updates in our history, UpdraftPlus Premium users will now have access to the amazing new UpdraftPlus Incremental Backups feature!
What is Incremental Backups and how does it work?
When backing up your WordPress site content such as images, media, video, plugins, themes, etc. using UpdraftPlus or another backup plugin, you usually have to create a whole new backup file of the entire site – every time! But thanks to UpdraftPlus, this is no longer necessary.
To give the user as much control as possible, we have given you the ability to arrange your incremental file backups to the hourly schedule of your choice. Once UpdraftPlus has taken the initial full backup, it will subsequently only backup any new changes that have occured between the period of hours you have selected. The changes could range from something as small as a new image you added, to something huge like an entire website and theme overhaul.
This is a massive new development from UpdraftPlus that will help to reduce the excessive resources used to perform a full site backup, which will also help users who have low resource servers.
The incremental backup will only include the changes since the last full backup was run and as such will be quick and cheap in terms of the resources used to perform the backup, which can help on low resource servers.
How are UpdraftPlus Incremental Backups different?
Unlike BackupBuddy’s incremental backups (which use proprietary software and locks you into its service), we have made a point of keeping UpdraftPlus Incremental Backups as regular ZIP files, so you always have full control over your backups and website.
By performing incremental backups every hourly schedule for the next month, UpdraftPlus can offer a cheaper and faster service that only includes the changes made since the original or last incremental backup. To ensure your files are properly backed-up and up to date, at the start of the every month UpdraftPlus runs and produces a brand-new full backup of your site and then starts performing the regular incremental backups as requested.
Yet another amazing benefit of Incremental Backups is the ability to check when your last incremental backup was taken by just checking the existing backups list.
Finally, if you should ever need to restore from an incremental backup due to an issue with your site, you will have the freedom to restore up to a certain point (useful if a recent update was the cause of your problems) or even restore the entire site!
Incremental Backups is available with UpdraftPlus Premium – if you need the latest version you can update it here, and be sure leave your comments and feedback below.
The post UpdraftPlus launch revolutionary new Incremental Backups feature appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.
We hope everyone has had an amazing 2018! Around this time of year, we like to take a moment and thank everyone who has been part of the UpdraftPlus journey over the last 12 months. We also like to evaluate everything we have achieved and answer the all important question of “why should you renew your UpdraftPlus Premium license in 2019?”
While we could go on all day listing the numerous benefits and advantages of having an UpdraftPlus Premium licence, we believe that there are three main benefits of renewing:
- Premium support: There’s our team available 18 hours a day to help you personally with any technical problems.
- New installs: Allows you to install UpdraftPlus Premium on new websites sites
- New features and other improvements: A current licence allows you to update to new versions, gaining new features and staying compatible with future releases of WordPress.
Some of the improvement we’ve added in 2018 include 27 new features, 37 fixes and 145 tweaks to make UpdraftPlus run smoother, easier, faster and more flexible.
Plus in the next new days we’re adding a beta version of our most important ever new features: incremental backups. This will mean when you backup, only changes to files and images will be backed up. This will make backups of all sites much faster and less impact on the server performance.
We are confident that UpdraftPlus Premium is the best WordPress backup plugin available and look forward to the new year to make UpdraftPlus even better for our loyal customers!
If you’ve enjoyed UpdraftPlus in the past year, please help our team us improve further by leaving a 5* review on WordPress.org here.
The post What are the benefits of renewing your UpdraftPlus Premium license in 2019? Check out all the reasons why! appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.
We are pleased to announce an updated version of UpdraftPlus 1.16.0 with newly added features, fixes and tweaks.
We recommend the update for all UpdraftPlus Free and Premium users.
- FEATURE: Added the ability for Premium users to create and restore Incremental Backups
- FIX: Work around an issue with ‘SSH2 Server Host Key Algorithm Mismatch’ occurring with the current phpseclib release by temporarily reverting to an earlier one
- TWEAK: Improve performance by aggregating separate SQL SELECT queries (previously one for each backup) when loading the settings page
- TWEAK: internal backup extradata parameter to prevent unwanted PHP notices
- TWEAK: Fork a method UpdraftPlus_Filesystem_Functions::unzip_file() to allow for future enhancements
- TWEAK: Periodic purging of obsolete job data that didn’t get cleaned when expected was not happening on multisite
- TWEAK: Improve logging when the initial call to jobdata_set_multi fails
- TWEAK: Any stored backup/restore progress log files will now be deleted after 40 days. (Since they are attached to email reports, you can keep and retrieve them from those if needed). Over-ride this with the filter updraftplus_log_delete_age if desired
The post UpdraftPlus 1.16.0 released appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.
By the end of the week, UpdraftPlus will be releasing a new and amazing development that we want to share with you. Due to viruses, hackers and errors, keeping an up to date backup of your website is one of the most important things anyone who has a WordPress site can do. For many years UpdraftPlus has helped backup sites all over the world to ensure that users are always protected. After months of development, we are thrilled to announce the upcoming release of a brand new additional backup feature; Incremental Backups.
How is it different to regular backups?
When using UpdraftPlus Incremental Backups, users will have the ability to schedule an incremental file backup to the hourly schedule of their choice.
This means once UpdraftPlus has taken the initial full backup of your site files including images, media, video, databases, plugins, themes etc., it will subsequently only backup any new changes that have occured over the period of hours you have selected. This could range from something as small as a new blog you have added, to an entire website and theme overhaul. This is a massive new development that will help to reduce the huge resources used to perform full backups, which will also help users who have low resource servers.
That’s not all! The new feature will even let you check when the last incremental backup was and give you the option for a partial or full site restore, taking all the work and worry out of backing up your site.
Incremental Backups will be available with UpdraftPlus Premium by the end of the week.
Visit UpdraftPlus for further updates and information.
The post UpdraftPlus preview upcoming revolutionary development for WordPress backups! appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.