UpdraftPlus is adding an option for people to buy UpdraftPlus Premium as a subscription. This will mean you’ll no longer have to manually renew annually to continue to receive support and updates. We’ll be automatically including a 40% off discount for future years for people who opt for this.
Subscriptions can be cancelled at any time so there’s no disadvantage. But if you’d prefer to go for the normal manual renewal, then this is currently still an option as well.
Q. How often will I be billed for my Premium subscription
A. All Premium subscriptions have an annual billing cycle, so you will be charged each year unless the subscription is cancelled
Q. How do I receive the 40% renewal discount for the subscription?
A. The 40% discount is automatically applied for each renewal purchase. This is reflected in your subscription information on the My Account page
Q. How can I cancel my subscription? What happens to my licences?
A. The subscription can be cancelled at any time from your My Account page. If the subscription is cancelled, your licences will expire at the end of the billing period as normal
The post UpdraftPlus Premium adds an option for annual subscription appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.
A new UpdraftPlus release is out now! This new version introduces many new features, fixes and tweaks and gives users the brand new option of being able to turn-on automatic-updates for UpdraftPlus. Once selected, the plugin will download and install every new release through WordPress as soon as it becomes available. This means that users will always have the most current UpdraftPlus automatically installed to work with the latest WordPress release, so you will never have to manually check the plugin yourself again.
Another tweak we have added which we are sure you will appreciate is the db-dummy restore option to WP-CLI. This tweak will allow users to test a database restore before going through with the real thing. This lets users evaluate if their hosting will cause any issues when trying to restore, before the actual restore is performed on the live site. This removes the risk of having a database issue and potentially being left without a website when trying to fix it.
The full changelog for this release is below; but the short version is that we recommend the update to everyone.
- FEATURE: UpdraftPlus now has an option to auto-update
- FEATURE: Azure for Government endpoint support (Premium)
- FIX: SSL verification settings were not allowing verification to be turned off for generic S3 storage
- FIX: In some situations in which a user had defined UTF8 as their character set but WordPress was using UTF8MB4, UpdraftPlus was not detecting this
- FIX: Prevent particular a SQL text pattern wrongly triggering detection of database features when it is within content
- TWEAK: Marked as supporting WordPress 5.0
- TWEAK: Automatically re-scan for presence of database backup after restoring it, to prevent confusion over its status
- TWEAK: Improve Settings tab UI on mobile
- TWEAK: Improve UpdraftClone UI
- TWEAK: Improve UpdraftClone temporary page UI
- TWEAK: Change method used to record the MySQL version to deal with how MariaDB can report when using a non-MariaDB client library (see: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/9062)
- TWEAK: Replace Base64 encoded logo by image file
- TWEAK: Hide guided tour on UpdraftClone
- TWEAK: Fixed broken automatic backup modal layout
- TWEAK: Auto rescan after restoring the remote database
- TWEAK: Explicitly set the backup history option to not autoload, as it can get non-trivial in size
- TWEAK: Improve UI of excluding things from the backup
- TWEAK: Prevent a possible PHP debug notice in methods/backup-module.php
- TWEAK: Show progress in browser view port instead of modal dialog when we delete the backup(s).
- TWEAK: Added a –db-dummy-restore option to WP-CLI which will run a dummy restore of the database (under an unused prefix) and then drop the tables after it finishes. This option can be useful for testing.
- TWEAK: Update the UpdraftClone UI when site information becomes available
- TWEAK: Curl errors when interacting with Backblaze B2 will now be passed up for easier debugging
- TWEAK: Re-factor add-on remote storage credential testing to make passing debugging information easier
- TWEAK: Implement non-default SSL options with Backblaze B2 (previously the defaults were always used)
- TWEAK: UpdraftClone: redirect to admin page after using the auto login link
- TWEAK: Improve internal more files backup location tracking
- TWEAK: Send a single request to download a backup set not for each file entity
- TWEAK: Fix a DOM element whereby multiple nonces had the same id
- TWEAK: Automatically build the more files backup location tracking on local rescan
The post UpDraftPlus 1.15.3 (free) is now released appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.