We are pleased to announce that UpdraftPlus 1.16.5 (free version) has been released. The changes in this new release cover a number of new features, fixes and tweaks. We recommend the update for all UpdraftPlus users.
The full change-log is as follows;
- FEATURE: If a restoration is interrupted (e.g. PHP timeout), then the “Continue” feature can now resume not just at the most recent zip file, but within the zip file at the point it had reached (https://updraftplus.com/auto-resuming-interrupted-restores-part-2/)
- FEATURE: Added command in WP-CLI which gives a list of incremental backups restore points
- FIX: Regression: When a Dropbox upload failed to complete, UpdraftPlus would log this but fail to retry
- FIX: Again update phpseclib to the latest version which should now fix the ‘SSH2 Server Host Key Algorithm Mismatch’ on all installs
- TWEAK: Correct a wrong variable reference in an error message
- TWEAK: Replace incidental use of ipinfo.io now that it requires a paid API key
- TWEAK: The print_delete_old_dirs_form method should have been public to allow painting if the user clicked through the previous message
The post UpdraftPlus 1.16.5 now released appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.
We are pleased to announce an updated version of UpdraftPlus 1.16.0 with newly added features, fixes and tweaks.
We recommend the update for all UpdraftPlus Free and Premium users.
- FEATURE: Added the ability for Premium users to create and restore Incremental Backups
- FIX: Work around an issue with ‘SSH2 Server Host Key Algorithm Mismatch’ occurring with the current phpseclib release by temporarily reverting to an earlier one
- TWEAK: Improve performance by aggregating separate SQL SELECT queries (previously one for each backup) when loading the settings page
- TWEAK: internal backup extradata parameter to prevent unwanted PHP notices
- TWEAK: Fork a method UpdraftPlus_Filesystem_Functions::unzip_file() to allow for future enhancements
- TWEAK: Periodic purging of obsolete job data that didn’t get cleaned when expected was not happening on multisite
- TWEAK: Improve logging when the initial call to jobdata_set_multi fails
- TWEAK: Any stored backup/restore progress log files will now be deleted after 40 days. (Since they are attached to email reports, you can keep and retrieve them from those if needed). Over-ride this with the filter updraftplus_log_delete_age if desired
The post UpdraftPlus 1.16.0 released appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.
By the end of the week, UpdraftPlus will be releasing a new and amazing development that we want to share with you. Due to viruses, hackers and errors, keeping an up to date backup of your website is one of the most important things anyone who has a WordPress site can do. For many years UpdraftPlus has helped backup sites all over the world to ensure that users are always protected. After months of development, we are thrilled to announce the upcoming release of a brand new additional backup feature; Incremental Backups.
How is it different to regular backups?
When using UpdraftPlus Incremental Backups, users will have the ability to schedule an incremental file backup to the hourly schedule of their choice.
This means once UpdraftPlus has taken the initial full backup of your site files including images, media, video, databases, plugins, themes etc., it will subsequently only backup any new changes that have occured over the period of hours you have selected. This could range from something as small as a new blog you have added, to an entire website and theme overhaul. This is a massive new development that will help to reduce the huge resources used to perform full backups, which will also help users who have low resource servers.
That’s not all! The new feature will even let you check when the last incremental backup was and give you the option for a partial or full site restore, taking all the work and worry out of backing up your site.
Incremental Backups will be available with UpdraftPlus Premium by the end of the week.
Visit UpdraftPlus for further updates and information.
The post UpdraftPlus preview upcoming revolutionary development for WordPress backups! appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.
UpdraftPlus is adding an option for people to buy UpdraftPlus Premium as a subscription. This will mean you’ll no longer have to manually renew annually to continue to receive support and updates. We’ll be automatically including a 40% off discount for future years for people who opt for this.
Subscriptions can be cancelled at any time so there’s no disadvantage. But if you’d prefer to go for the normal manual renewal, then this is currently still an option as well.
Q. How often will I be billed for my Premium subscription
A. All Premium subscriptions have an annual billing cycle, so you will be charged each year unless the subscription is cancelled
Q. How do I receive the 40% renewal discount for the subscription?
A. The 40% discount is automatically applied for each renewal purchase. This is reflected in your subscription information on the My Account page
Q. How can I cancel my subscription? What happens to my licences?
A. The subscription can be cancelled at any time from your My Account page. If the subscription is cancelled, your licences will expire at the end of the billing period as normal
The post UpdraftPlus Premium adds an option for annual subscription appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.
A new UpdraftPlus release is out now! This new version introduces many new features, fixes and tweaks and gives users the brand new option of being able to turn-on automatic-updates for UpdraftPlus. Once selected, the plugin will download and install every new release through WordPress as soon as it becomes available. This means that users will always have the most current UpdraftPlus automatically installed to work with the latest WordPress release, so you will never have to manually check the plugin yourself again.
Another tweak we have added which we are sure you will appreciate is the db-dummy restore option to WP-CLI. This tweak will allow users to test a database restore before going through with the real thing. This lets users evaluate if their hosting will cause any issues when trying to restore, before the actual restore is performed on the live site. This removes the risk of having a database issue and potentially being left without a website when trying to fix it.
The full changelog for this release is below; but the short version is that we recommend the update to everyone.
- FEATURE: UpdraftPlus now has an option to auto-update
- FEATURE: Azure for Government endpoint support (Premium)
- FIX: SSL verification settings were not allowing verification to be turned off for generic S3 storage
- FIX: In some situations in which a user had defined UTF8 as their character set but WordPress was using UTF8MB4, UpdraftPlus was not detecting this
- FIX: Prevent particular a SQL text pattern wrongly triggering detection of database features when it is within content
- TWEAK: Marked as supporting WordPress 5.0
- TWEAK: Automatically re-scan for presence of database backup after restoring it, to prevent confusion over its status
- TWEAK: Improve Settings tab UI on mobile
- TWEAK: Improve UpdraftClone UI
- TWEAK: Improve UpdraftClone temporary page UI
- TWEAK: Change method used to record the MySQL version to deal with how MariaDB can report when using a non-MariaDB client library (see: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/9062)
- TWEAK: Replace Base64 encoded logo by image file
- TWEAK: Hide guided tour on UpdraftClone
- TWEAK: Fixed broken automatic backup modal layout
- TWEAK: Auto rescan after restoring the remote database
- TWEAK: Explicitly set the backup history option to not autoload, as it can get non-trivial in size
- TWEAK: Improve UI of excluding things from the backup
- TWEAK: Prevent a possible PHP debug notice in methods/backup-module.php
- TWEAK: Show progress in browser view port instead of modal dialog when we delete the backup(s).
- TWEAK: Added a –db-dummy-restore option to WP-CLI which will run a dummy restore of the database (under an unused prefix) and then drop the tables after it finishes. This option can be useful for testing.
- TWEAK: Update the UpdraftClone UI when site information becomes available
- TWEAK: Curl errors when interacting with Backblaze B2 will now be passed up for easier debugging
- TWEAK: Re-factor add-on remote storage credential testing to make passing debugging information easier
- TWEAK: Implement non-default SSL options with Backblaze B2 (previously the defaults were always used)
- TWEAK: UpdraftClone: redirect to admin page after using the auto login link
- TWEAK: Improve internal more files backup location tracking
- TWEAK: Send a single request to download a backup set not for each file entity
- TWEAK: Fix a DOM element whereby multiple nonces had the same id
- TWEAK: Automatically build the more files backup location tracking on local rescan
The post UpDraftPlus 1.15.3 (free) is now released appeared first on UpdraftPlus. UpdraftPlus – Backup, restore and migration plugin for WordPress.