- Every time you save a new post or page, WordPress creates a revision of that post or page. If you edit a post 6 times you might have 5 copies of that post as revisions. Imagine if your posts or pages are long and big. It’s a huge number of bytes that is on your MySQL overhead. Now WP-Optimize allows you to optimize and shrink your posts table by removing unnecessary post revisions from the database. As example, if you have a post which is approximately 100KB data and you have 5 revisions of that post, the total space wasted is about 500KB. And if you have 100 posts similar to it, you might have 50MB database space wasted.
- Similar to the scenario described above, there might be thousands of spam and un-approved comments in your comments table, WP-Optimize can clean and remove those in a single click.
- WP-Optimize reports which database tables have overhead and wasted space. It also allows you to shrink and get rid of that wasted space.
Yes – WP-Optimize is WordPress’s #1 most-installed optimization plugin, with over 500,000 users and a pedigree going back over 7 years.
I’m afraid that this is not possible. Please ensure that you make a backup of your entire database before using WP-Optimize for the first time, and when you upgrade to a major new version of it. We recommend UpdraftPlus.
For one year after purchase. After that, your subscription will be renewed automatically.
A one-year policy is standard in the WordPress plugins market, and allows us to have a sustainable business so that you can rely on WP-Optimize for years to come.
The base WP-Optimize plugin is free, and fully functional (it is not “crippleware” that hamstrings you unless you pay). If you want extra features, then you can buy WP-Optimize Premium, which includes all additional functionalities, plus upgrades and support for one year. If you choose Premium, you can get it conveniently and easily in our shop.
WP-Optimize is always undergoing improvements and developments and is therefore always considered ongoing work; it is impossible to rule out unforeseen situations and bugs. So we would recommend you to test WP-Optimize out on your local system and always make a backup of your database
Yes. If you have a WordPress Multisite install (and you’ll know if you do – it’s fiddly to set up), then you need WP-Optimize Premium. If an optimization plugin has not been particularly written for WordPress Network usage, then it will be insecure – it will allow every blog admin on the network to do operations on the entire network. With our WP-Optimize Premium, only “super admin” will have access to optimization operations.
Yes, WP-Optimize Premium subscriptions can be upgraded at any point of the billing period.
To upgrade, log into your account and make a fresh purchase of the package that you wish to upgrade to. Then, add the relevant upgrade coupon at checkout.
The purchase will be discounted by the cost of the original order
Below are the coupon codes when upgrading from a license subscription:
- fromstarter – upgrading from the 2-site Starter package
- frombusiness – upgrading from the 5-site Business package
- fromdeveloper – upgrading from the 20-site Developer package
- fromultra – upgrading from the 100-site Ultra package
If a cart is abandoned after the contact has entered their email address but not completed the payment, we may contact them via email during a short period afterwards to remind them to complete the checkout, unless they opt-out. This is under the GDPR provision for marketing for legitimate interests, based on the expression of interest in purchasing.