Backing up your WordPress site is probably the most important decision you can make when working on your WordPress site. Just one bad plugin or theme update can take down your entire site. Without a secure and recent backup, you could find yourself having to start again from square one.
With UpdraftPlus, you can backup your site in just 1 minute. The process is easy to do and can be set up, so that once you have set it up the first time, you can just leave it running and it will backup by itself according to your schedule.
For a step by step written instructions, check out the following guide: https://updraftplus.com/how-to-backup-a-wordpress-site-step-by-step-guide/
For anyone that is looking to protect your site from hacking, issues with updates to your plugins or themes, server issues or malicious actors – then a WordPress backup plugin is one of the most important moves you can make for your WordPress site.
UpdraftPlus is the world’s most popular and trusted WordPress backup and restore plugin. While the free version of UpdraftPlus will do most of what you need to backup your site, it is a good idea to upgrade to UpdraftPlus Premium, as it offers extra features and functionality including:
- The ability to clone your site so you can carry out updates in a testing environment
- Schedule backups at specific times of the day to take advantage of when fewer people are on your site
- Multiple storage destinations for extra safety
- Detailed reports of your backups
- Password protection for your UpdraftPlus backups to keep other administrators out
- Automatic backups before updating WordPress core, themes and plugins
Install UpdraftPlus today and backup your site, safe in the knowledge that should the worst happen, you can restore your site in just a few minutes.